Only registered users of CasePortal can receive Reports, Dinger Alerts, and Tracker Alerts.
If you want to add a recipient to a Report, Dinger, or Tracker, and they are not already registered, you must first invite them to the system.
Only users with Firm Admin or Office Admin permissions can invite other users to the system.
To invite users, go to the Users page in the Firm or Office Management section and then select “invite user.”
The image above shows how a Firm Admin can invite a new user. If you have Office Admin permission, the menu items may look slightly different.
The image above shows the fields required when inviting a user to join CasePortal.
When you invite a user you will need to know:
- A valid email address to send the invite (user will receive an invitation by email to complete registration)
- Which office you wish to assign the user to (this can be changed later)
- Which permission level you wish to assign to the user (this can be changed later)
Invitations are valid for 72 hours. If the invited user hasn't registered their account with CasePortal within that time frame, a new invitation will need to be sent.
Note: you can batch invite up to 20 users at a time as long as they are assigned to the same office and user role.
User Permission Levels
Limited users can:
- Reset their password
- Search cases in the case libraries
- Self-subscribe to (or unsubscribe from) dingers and trackers created by other users
- Self-subscribe to (or unsubscribe from) SMS alerts for dingers and trackers
- Download documents that are free or that have already been previously paid for
- Self-subscribe to (or unsubscribe from) CNS reports and custom reports
Regular users have all permissions of limited users, but can also:
- Create dingers
- Modify or delete dingers they created, including adding or removing other recipients
- Run docket-on-demand (to check for docket sheet updates; charges apply)
- Create trackers (charges apply)
- Modify, pause, or delete trackers they created, including adding or removing other recipients
- Pay for and download documents (charges apply)
Office Admin users have all permissions of regular users, but can also:
- Invite and assign users to their office
- Modify, pause, or delete dingers and trackers created by other users within their office
- Create and manage user groups
- Manage certain administrative functions
Firm Admin users have all permissions of office admin users, but can can also:
- Create new offices within the firm
- Invite and assign users to any office within the firm
- Modify, pause, or delete dingers and trackers created by other users across all offices
- Manage all administrative functions